The safety and well-being of clients, families and employees has always been and will continue to remain a top priority at Pyramid Healthcare and its affiliated companies.
As such, under the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local officials, we have implemented a number of precautionary measures across our organization in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Because our treatment facilities, referral, screening and admissions processes will remain open and active for as long as deemed safe and appropriate, we believe it is important to communicate the steps we are taking to help keep our clients, families and employees safe and healthy.
- Our Intake Department is assessing and evaluating incoming clients by inquiring about travel during the previous 14 days, other potential exposure to COVID-19 and presence of flu-like symptoms or flu prior to admission, and we will deny admission to those who have screened positive
- We have temporarily suspended on-site family visitation and programming, and are modifying technical capabilities and policies to provide for digital visitation options
- Where possible, in outpatient offices we are offering telemedicine options to in-person treatment
- In residential programs, we are suspending outside self-help meetings and are restricting in-house self-help meetings to include only our residential clients
- We have been communicating actively and daily with our employees relative to proper hygiene including frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer regularly and to stay home if they feel ill or are demonstrating signs of illness such as fever, cough or shortness of breath
- We have provided our front line employees with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and have acquired as much reserve PPE as we have been able to obtain
- We screen all clients daily for fever, cough and shortness of breath
- Our maintenance and housekeeping departments have increased their sanitization efforts in client and employee areas
- We have postponed all company-hosted events and activities
All of our treatment facilities will remain open and continue to provide care until directed otherwise by the Government.
We will continue to closely monitor updates issued by the CDC, WHO and state and local authorities surrounding COVID-19, and will follow all recommended steps to ensure the continued safety, health and well-being of our clients, families and employees.
President and CEO