State Recovery Resources
12 Step Programs and National Recovery Resources
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) | (202) 966-7300 | This site provides information as a public service to aid in the understanding and treatment of the developmental, behavioral and mental disorders which affect an estimated 7 to 12 million children and adolescents at any given time in the United States.
- American Psychiatric Association | 888-35-PSYCH (77924) | The American Psychiatric Association is a medical specialty society recognized world wide. It’s physicians specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional illness and substance abuse disorders.
- The American Psychological Association | (800) 374-2721 | The American Psychological Association is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) | (800) 950-NAMI (6264) | NAMI is a self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families and friends of people with severe mental illness.
- National Mental Health Association | (703) 684-7722 | The National Mental Health Association is the nation’s oldest and largest organization focused on mental health and mental illness, through advocacy, education, service and research.
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide | (732) 410-7900 | The mission of the Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide is to reduce the number of youth suicides and attempted suicides by encouraging public awareness through the development and promotion of educational training programs.